• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

eBay bargain.

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
I’m a brolley man myself I like the convenience of them to just shove it in the ground when needed.
Mines come to the end of it’s life so I picked one up tonight from eBay that had been bought and never used for a tiny fraction of its new tag price. Chub ovel 50inch with storm poles. It was the type that didn’t have a central pole just a screw in cap. I like central poles they make it so much more rigid so ten minutes on the lathe and a dash of weld on my old brolly central pole saw a new collar made that fits the new brolley a treat. So I can use my old central pole with the new brolley for extra stability.
Shoved the poles in the ground and wow. This thing is absolutely rock solid. Very pleased and it slots neatly into my Korum rod quiver pocket. Couldn’t ask for more.
93751A2D-74F2-4EE9-8EE9-07C8F16A2153.jpeg

No overnighters on my waters unfortunately.
Day/evening and morning sessions travelling as light as possible
I looked into little shelters but the brolly fits my style more suitably.

Back