• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA Survey

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Done, though cannot believe it will be of any tangible use other than to data gatherers!! Won't hold my breath waiting for EA to put a stop to poaching of fish from rivers by unlicenced non-legal residents!
Mike

Done

This survey was sent out to selected recipients which I would imagine have been selected to give an fixed sample size and demographic range with a geographic spread.

Whilst I appreciate we all want to help it could in fact skew the survey results if non selected recipients complete the survey.

The survey is being carried out by an agency external to the EA so there may be some surprised looks when there are more completed surveys than the number sent out.

There is a contact email address if any one would like to clarify.

This survey was sent out to selected recipients which I would imagine have been selected to give an fixed sample size and demographic range with a geographic spread.

Whilst I appreciate we all want to help it could in fact skew the survey results if non selected recipients complete the survey.

The survey is being carried out by an agency external to the EA so there may be some surprised looks when there are more completed surveys than the number sent out.

I received one after i'd already done the one in the link that Andy had put up.

I saw something like this after I'd filled in the survey. This is also shown on the survey website:
How can YOU be involved?

Cheers,

Andy

Survey completed .Somehow I think the EA wont relish my comments. If you lay yourself open to criticism , then you should be willing to accept it.

David.

Also just completed survey. I don't think the EA will be in any doubt now about my opinion of them, their incoming rules and regulations on Salmon fishing, their record of destroying good fisheries or their inaction on prosecuting non license holding immigrant fish munchers. Called for a ban on killing coarse fish for food too.
Made the point about how Salmon farms are destroying runs of wild Salmon and sea Trout with the blessing of the Enviroment Ar*****es.

No one mentioned the Water Companies yet.
I did.
All fines directly into angling conservation. After all. It's our money....plus the shareholders dividends ....not

Done.

Not a big fan of the EA, but I'm not sure any Govt agency can be expected to properly function if its had its had its budget's cut by over 50% since the coalition Govt in 2010. A situation compounded by having a Defra SOS forcing the EA to spend a fair proportion of what budget is does have on pointless 'flood defence' works such as dredging.

Re salmon farms - not sure its fair to blame the EA for the salmon farms in Scotland and Wales, they come under the remit of the SEPA and NRW respectively.

Water companies - yes, beneath contempt. I think all politicians should be required to declare if the hold investments in the utility companies.

We had a problem last year around untreated waste ( you would not believe what was coming out) being pumped out of a local sewage works during low flows. The EA had to inform the water company that they were going to do a check before they would come out. Surprise surprise the day they came out there was 9 inches more crystal clear water coming out and no solids. The EA used to have sensors on the outflows but now rely on the water companies to monitor themselves , you could not make it up.

I see no reason at all why the EA have to pre inform Mark.

On Catering Inspections of premises no pre warnings are standard practice.

Who told you that? The EA?

By the way. Did you see the method being used re your weed problem?
Water buffalo!

Back