• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA licence

Having read this I was a little worried about not receiving mine, alas I popped into the Post Office on Tuesday and paid for it over the counter and it arrived this morning.

Damian

I bought a Licence on Tuesday from the Post Office website.

Licence arrived Friday morning.

Top Tip

I tried to buy an EA licence from the EA website. Like some members on here I was directed to a Post Office website which needed passwords etc. All I wanted to do was buy a licence using a credit card or PayPal, something quick and easy and not some mind numbing torturous route. I sent a complaints e:mail stating that last year purchasing a licence was straightforward, but not any longer. "Sam" from the EA e:mailed me stating that they had received my e:mail and would consider the issue. To cut a long story short, I couldn't be bothered and have decided to skip their licence.

Top Tip. Save money by sharing a licence. A friend of mine has purchased a licence which we share. I don't think that this is illegal just as long as we don't fish at the same time. Additionally, a licence allows the use of two rods and we only use one rod at a time. I have never been asked for a fishing rod licence. I did have a scare at a trout fishery about 20 years ago and had to hide in some bushes until the danger had passed, as it so happened it was only a bloke going around asking people for change.
If you decide to do a licence share, make sure that when challenged you can provide your mate's name and address, and all of his details without any stumbling. Don't fumble for bits of paper looking up his post code, you must know his date of birth, and provide his age immediately, without working it out. Confidence is key. One fool that I knew who adopted the Top Tip strategy, apparently couldn't remember his own birthday or even how old he was. Bang to rights! Inform the EA guy that people who don't purchase an EA licence make you sick and what a wonderful job the EA do in cracking down on licence dodgers. Offer as much evidence as possible as to who you are, not a driving licence, fumble around and miraculously happen to find one of your mate's Utility bills, don't go for it straightaway. Use words like, I must have something somewhere, this is so embararrassing and then produce the document. If you are asked for a phone number provide only a mobile number, your mate's number. Ring his as soon as possible warning him that he may get a call, make sure he knows where you were fishing. Most importantly, have your mate's rod licence reference number somewhere in your wallet. Don't forget the likelihood of running into an EA guy is very, very slim. But with all your mate's details to hand you can fish completely relaxed without constantly looking over your shoulder. Don't feel guilty, we spend enough on taxation and funding all sorts of useless causes that politicians think are a good idea.
Have a great season.

Back