• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA have been busy,

Chris Guy

at Coalport
1619596857774.png
1619596761820.png

Maybe the caravaneers wanted a view of the river ?

Pardon my brevity, other words fail me completeley.

David
Yes, it was the caravan site that wanted it cleared. I just hope they planted the bare ground, or else all the top soil will be washed away with the next floods.
I've posted this up for a friend who is not with this group. Maybe some other Severn anglers who fish Coalport will know about this mess.

So the EA cleared it for the caravan site? Looks like they're expanding on the right, cleared a fair area.
Any idea when this was done Chris?

It will be a lot easier now to launch the inflatable boats and for the parents (not) to keep an eye on their kids playing in the river.

An absolutely sickening site. Someone’s head should be on the block for that.

I could understand some nervousness about having those large poplars ( I believe they are poplars) next to a caravan site, but why not just pollard them?, safe as houses then. And why touch the smaller trees on the waters edge, and remove all the deadwood and vegetation? What is the thinking? It smacks of obsessive over-tidiness which is the scourge of much of the British countryside.

Any tickets available for the left bank? Looks well easy to bivvy up and fish now! 😂

(On a serious note, that is horrendous :mad:)

Back