• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dunham bridge Trent question.

Richard Barrett

Guys just wanted to ask about this area and the tides. Is it reasonably safe to fish this tidal beat please? Are there platform swims, or just cut out from the bank, I'm just getting a bit unsteady on my feet nowadays that's all, I have to take a bit of care. Is the bottom rocky like the rest of the Trent and what would be the average depth in this area. Cheers guys I ca sort the swims and rest out myself. Best wishes keep safe now. Richard.

The actual bridge banking area was reinforced with rock armour a few years ago so there is (or was last time I was there) a rocky bank down to and below the water line which is difficult to get up and down. Further upstream it is better. There are some deep sections here and the flow can be very strong especially as the river runs off.
Here's a link to the controlling clubs Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/4155455585...the-bank5-day-8-night-or-af/1585192411589717/

Some pegs have slab platforms from what I remember. Fairly typical tidal stretch really. The club which runs it never reply to emails and seem to be fully subscribed every year. Used to be my favourite tidal stretch before it became popular.

Guys, that's so helpful and vey gracious of you. Actually I'm more interested in the Roach fishing than the barbel, a friend told me some better roach 1lb+ turn up on small boilies. Is upstream better for long trotting would you suggest?

Just downstream is Laneham, now that's got some cracking stick float fishing for Roach. Its day ticket, lane opposite The ferry boat inn for access.

Jon. Finally getting around to fish Laneham. When you say the access is opposite the pub, I cannot see that on the map, unless its the main street, do you park on the main street when fishing please?

Jon. Finally getting around to fish Laneham. When you say the access is opposite the pub, I cannot see that on the map, unless its the main street, do you park on the main street when fishing please?
Opposite the ferry boat Inn, drive down and park back of your peg. Let is know how you get on.

Some pegs have slab platforms from what I remember. Fairly typical tidal stretch really. The club which runs it never reply to emails and seem to be fully subscribed every year. Used to be my favourite tidal stretch before it became popular.
I've not seen one angler near the bridge this season when I've been crossing it.

Back