• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

DRX Ultralight 14 MK1 Wanted

Neil Smart

'Adapted' my newly purchased rod from Shippo in the car on Sunday, shaved an inch off the tip. :mad:
Probably fine, just a bit 'faster' in the action...but if anyone has a complete rod or tip please :)

Last edited:
Were not having a lot of luck here Neil are we!

Will not make too much difference unless your after the smaller silvers. That's what happened to mine. I checked with a local dealer and he said the cost or replacement from Drennan would be quite high compared with rod value......

Were not having a lot of luck here Neil are we!

Your right there Clive, was with Mark on Sunday too so obviously his fault :) however got the tip back on and looks OK as far as guide spacing...only one way to find out I guess :)
Oh!and usual nice well looked after gear you sell, it's the buyers that are the problem.

Will not make too much difference unless your after the smaller silvers. That's what happened to mine. I checked with a local dealer and he said the cost or replacement from Drennan would be quite high compared with rod value......

Thanks Steve that's reassuring... the tip was as thin as gossamer.... not ideally suited for those that use barbel rods I guess. I rang Drennan and they can't help anyway as the rod is discontinued, but I know the MK1 is supposed to be better than the MK11.

Back