• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan website

Always wondered why no interweb presence. looks ok, wonder who convinced mr Drennan to get into the 21st century.
Bet the tackle dealers still wish he would let them discount his kit?
cheers, dave

very honest of him to say his series 7 reels weren't up to the job on the Wye barbel fishing video.

I must say I have always rated Drennan products. I have several rods which I am delighted with, a reel which is excellent and I've used floats and other terminal tackle/bits and bobs for years and can't fault them. I just find his stuff to be superb.

Couldn't agree more Nathan. I cant vouch for the reels, having never used them, but i have had rods / landing nets / terminal tackle from drennan and have never had an issue. Brilliant gear - you get what you pay for it and more

Looked for a site for Drennan earlier this year after buying two series 7 reels from my local tackle shop.When i was filling the reel with line the bail arm decided to eject the spring and a few other parts. On returning the reel i was told that it wouldnt be replaced asthey check all the reels and in their opinion it had been dropped and damaged. I told them if it had it was them who had dropped it. The reel was left with them but i was told not to expect a replacement as Drennan would say the same as the shop.
On returning i decided to look for the Drennan web site to ask a few questions but was unable to find a site so had to leave it with th shop and wait to see what happened.Low and behold within a week the tackle shop rang and said that a new reel was waiting ,courtesy of "the rep " who had told them there may be a problem with series 7 reels.
It certainly is nice to know that Drennan are now more contactable and i am certainly going to be extremely careful that i dont drop the reel, in fact i think i,ll probably put both in a glass case and return to using my old Mitchell 300s

Return to using the Mitchells. They are always fixable and as solid as anything!

Pity their after sales service is rubbish, tip section of one of my Drennan power barbel rods broke on the second outing. Contacted Drennan by phone and local sales rep took a look, on both occasions their attitude was our products are perfect when they leave the factory, if it broke its your fault, if you want a replacement top section then cough up 50 odd notes, end of conversation. After using their kit for over 25 years I was not impressed and will never use their products again, shabby in my opinion.

Mic

I had problems with my net handle and phoned them. They sent me new "widget" and cleaning instructions within a few days.

Thats the problem with some tackle shops mate. If you get to know the honest people, they are a brilliant help, but go in as a stranger and you will get told anything for the sale. Problem is, gullible me usually buys it.

Just pop around selly you know I have more gear than any shop lol:)

Back