• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan Spares

Steve Sorrell

Hi all,
I've managed to lose the end cap of my twistlock handle. Knowing the potential issues this could cause with the internal bung, I see trouble ahead.....
Can't seem to find contact details for Drennan Spares......can anyone help me out?
Many thanks,

Steve

Drennan tend to avoid direct contact with customers if they can. Give your local Drennan stockist a shout. They can often get end caps and locking widgets from the Drennan reps.

I messaged them on FB and they sent me one FOC a few weeks later

I lost my end cap and needed a new bush thingy. I phoned Drennan offering to pay for both items but they refused payment and sent them out very quickly in the post. At the moment I guess they will be closed until the new year so a little delay is inevitable.

I got in touch with Drennan and was told I would have to go through one of there suppliers. Mine was for a replacement top section for a series severn silverfish float rod.

Hi all,
I've managed to lose the end cap of my twistlock handle. Knowing the potential issues this could cause with the internal bung, I see trouble ahead.....
Can't seem to find contact details for Drennan Spares......can anyone help me out?
Many thanks,

Steve
Did you find one Steve. I’ve just found an old one from a twist lock I broke beyond repair, you’re welcome to it

Did you find one Steve. I’ve just found an old one from a twist lock I broke beyond repair, you’re welcome to it
Dave, if youve got the plastic locking mechanism bits could I purchase them from you as one of mine is German - gerfucken.

Sorry to interrupt this post but if you don't ask you don't get and a polite f cough you cheeky fat bald Brummie won't offend in the slightest 😉

Dave, if youve got the plastic locking mechanism bits could I purchase them from you as one of mine is German - gerfucken.

Sorry to interrupt this post but if you don't ask you don't get and a polite f cough you cheeky fat bald Brummie won't offend in the slightest 😉
Hi Steve, no problem at all :). I’ve only got the cap left so I can’t help, I’m afraid

The plastic locking mechanism shouldn’t be hard to get from Drennan

Hi Steve, no problem at all :). I’ve only got the cap left so I can’t help, I’m afraid

The plastic locking mechanism shouldn’t be hard to get from Drennan
Dave, I need an end cap for a twist lock and was about to contact Drennan. Any chance I could have it if it’s still free? Will pay postage etc etc.

Well, next week will be my fourth attempt at asking Drennan for a replacement butt cap for my Twistlock handle. I’ve tried once a week now for four weeks and had no reply. To be crystal-clear, I’m not talking about a “Sorry we can’t help you” but a complete ghosting.

I plan to send the same email- or one very like it- once a week until they at least reply. Who knows? I might even have to resort to send it every two to three days 😤

I’ve called them and they send spares out almost next day maybe try calling ? I have always found them mega helpful odd on the email front ?

All good... Drennan replied with an apology saying they've changed mail servers and it's slowed things down. New butt cap coming in the post :cool:

Back