• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan Matchpro Super Feeder 12ft

Duncan Jackson

Hi all,
I’ve recently acquired a drennan matchpro super feeder, are they suitable for barbel/chub fishing? Thought I’d ask you guys as I can’t find much info on them

Most Drennan rods have line ratings stencilled on to the butt , if it shows between 6-8 lb I'd happily use it for barbel /chub .

Hi Tom, yes it states 4lb to 8lb line rating, the number of eyes on the rod, I wasn’t sure compared to my korum, having said that drennan don’t do iffy rods.
so with the 3oz and other carbon tips, I’d have thought it had enough to chuck a 3oz feeder

Hi all,
I’ve recently acquired a drennan matchpro super feeder, are they suitable for barbel/chub fishing? Thought I’d ask you guys as I can’t find much info on them
I own one and they are more than capable of handling barbel and chub. Usually use mine with 8lb or 10lb line.

Hi Sam, that’s good to know, which tip do you prefer to use?

Hi Duncan,

Completely depends on the conditions… I’ve got glass and carbon tips in slow and fast tapers in everything from 1/2 oz to 6oz. Try starting with something like a 3oz carbon tip and just figure out what works best for you in different conditions.

Sam

Agree, was going to start with the 4oz carbon and go from there maybe reduce to 3oz carbon, 8/10 lb mainline, 4oz carbon tip, 3oz feeder or a 2oz feeder depending on conditions

Back