• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan IM9 match rods. Anyone tried/use them

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Got hold of an ultralite IM9 match rod. Feels great for roach trotting. Anyone any views on the IM9 blank?

Graham

Graham,
I bought a 14 foot IM9 float rod 15 years ago. Much stiffer blank than the IM8. Superb pick up on the strike at distance but soft enough in the tip to cushion that strike. 1.5 - 2lb hooklinks are fine. Plenty of steel in the butt for chub and hooklinks upto 6lb if required. If memory serves me correctly the Ultralite was 13 or 13 and a bit. I think you'll enjoy it, I've had hours of fun and love the rod.

Matt.

Thanks Matt. Just what I was hoping for since titan 2000 died.

Yes 13 footer.

After bumping a couple od decent roach on the hants avon wanted a rod that would try and solve it this coming season. Fingers x

Last edited:
Graham

It's a pile of poo mate!

Looks good but when you come to use it you will find it will not live up to expectations.

I can relieve you of the bother of finding this out for yourself, I'll give you £50 and we will say no more about it!!

Heart of gold me!!!

I just hope you are joking Keith!!!! But be nice if we get a few chances to try it out together this coming season.

See you 30th.

Graham

Blast!!!!

I was hoping I was going to have a touch there???
Wouldn't mind a nice IM9 in my collection.:)

Yes you will get to try it out on one of our Roach outings in the coming season, I have just invested in a Normark Microlite for the very same reason, they can't keep avoiding us can they?

I can feel an early season jaunt coming on, this time the morning pastries are on me;)

Back