• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan Continental Boilie Hook

Luke Hodson

I have been using these in sizes 4, 6 and 8 for absolutely years, am I on my own or are there others still using and winning with such an old hook?
Chub, Barbel, Carp, Perch and Eels, it always seems to catch and hold.
Am I missing out on the new styles of hook?

I have been using these in sizes 4, 6 and 8 for absolutely years, am I on my own or are there others still using and winning with such an old hook?
Chub, Barbel, Carp, Perch and Eels, it always seems to catch and hold.
Am I missing out on the new styles of hook?
There is no better hook for barbel and chub in my opinion Luke, I never use anything else.

It's my choice too Luke, 4 & 6 :) I've been using these for years.

I have been using them for years....they stay sharp, they are strong, they are the dogs doo da's ....but each to their own, however a size 2 put through a quarter tin of meat (300 mg) has caught me so many big barbel, I have never been let down by a DCBH, I always worry when I have to pull for a break, which is rare, when I combine them with 12lb Maxima and 15lb Kryston that I just might pull the world of its axis ......

Back