• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Downton

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

I've had an enquiry from a potential advertiser who has a property in Downton, Hampshire. They know nothing about the river there.

I know the river there is lovely and has some barbel in. Does anyone know if there are any day ticket or free stretches in or close to Downton please?

Many thanks,

Andy F

There is the Downton stretch that can be fished by joining the ABF. (ASSOC BARBEL FISHERS)

I am sure an arrangement could be made however if he is looking for guest tickets. Pm me if so Andy.

But of course very near to many stretches of Avon including Britford (LAA) avail on dt.

Graham.

As Graham has said join the ABF for a minimum of £5.00, once your registration is processed you can then access the shop and purchase the Downton membership for £12 for the season. I'm pretty sure that there is not a waiting list for this fishery but can soon be confirmed. Not fished it myself but believe there to be Barbel in the stretch and also some clonking Roach. It's the stretch that used to be run by The Bull many years back....:)

http://www.barbelfishers.com/join-us/

Bill. Yes its owned by my friend now.

It has the odd barbel, some monster carp, and has some very good dace and also roach if you can locate them. Superb chub.
Large pike as well as a few spotties and salmon.

It's underfished but a serious campaign might bring a few surprises.
Graham

Hi men,

Me and Sue spooked a big fish behind an old groyne , really moved the water !, not sure what it was , but carp / pike , or maybe even a salmon.

Hatter

Bill. Yes its owned by my friend now.

It has the odd barbel, some monster carp, and has some very good dace and also roach if you can locate them.
Large pike as well as a few spotties and salmon.

It's underfished but a serious campaign might bring a few surprises.
Graham

Useful info, many thanks Graham. :)

Back