• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Donkey Top/Glass Tip

Vincent Coulson

Hi fellas,

Quick question, does anybody know where I can purchase a glass tip section or donkey top so i can make a nice sensitive tip for chub?

i have a korum neoteric 12' quiver and the carbon tips are fine but not for mr chub. want to make one or two push in's out of said material but am struggling to find it?

also, if anyone knows any replacement glass tips that would fit the rod i have that wold be good too. I have tried the preston tips from their match range but they didn't fit, a midges to loose.

thanks in advance

vincent
if the tip diameter of the preston ones is only a bit too small you could buy some 2 part epoxy glue or araldite and wipe a bit around the area you want to fit in your rod
this will build the diameter up
then just sand down with fine emery paper to get a snug fit
i would do it in small stages
good luck

You see, i suggested this to the guy in a local tackle shop only an hour or two ago and he put me off, saying it wouldn't work. Well, i guess he just lost hiself a sale. I 'll buy a preston tip and give it a go, thanks for the advice Gary

The fox glass tips are perfect for chubbing mate esspecially the ones off the Fox Avon Duo, give them a push in and try

i use a 2oz carbon tip and have had some big chub from the river dane on them.in my opinion not worth the trouble.in fact they will pull my free spirit
1/5 tc top round.nothing to do with the tip,
albert

Cheers for those ideas guys. I'll check out all the ones i can before making a decision.

Albert, I've had some bites from Dane chub that will pretty much pull your rod in, but there are times Iv had to hit the merest 'twitch' thats resulted in similar sized chub. Just saying i'd like to cover all my options. :)

i understand what you are saying vincent and each to his own.for my part i stopped trying to hit twitches many years ago.if he wants it he will have it.sitting on my hands stops all the frustration.
albert

Yeah its good advice and one i may adopt in the future. Im relatively new this chasing chub so its good to have many different opinions and adapt them to suit yourself, i think anyway :):rolleyes:

Back