• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Don’t use this company

Funnily enough Tuffnells recently delivered a 61kg 'fragile' parcel to us, bloke on his own who rolled it from the street to the front door according to our neighbour. The contents were badly damaged so were sent back.

Yodel don't even bother delivering at all.
Well they told me we were out.
Then said they had delivered
Then told me they would investigate
Then told me the driver would come to see me
Then told me to contact the sales Co (Aldi)
Then they told Aldi they had lost the package.

This over 3 weeks of relentless challenges by me.

Yodel are the pits.

I get lots of bits come through various couriers, I could fill the forum with the headaches I’ve had with them. Does my absolute head in, lying about even attempting a delivery, throwing packages, refusing to deliver.
I’ve even had one forge a signature to say I’d signed for it, I assume he was behind as my parcel was late. As I was busy complaining to their customer service the guy snuck past me and tried to stash the parcel behind the clients reception desk while no one was looking.
Good couriers are far a few between.

We use them all at work - FedEx, DHL, DPD , Tuffnells , DX
Unfortunately since Covid they have all gone to rats**t, FedEx used to be exceptionally reliable but turned overnight when the routes and drivers all got moved around / furloughed. Plus I guess there has been an explosion in on-line orders so more work than they can deal with.
Covid has also given them the perfect excuse to be at best sloppy and at worst dishonest as we are not allowed to check the driver PDAs and sign for goods. We lost 120m x 4" pipe the other week, driver signed his PDA on our behalf - so according to their system we have had it??
I contested it , backed up with images from HD security cameras but still no further forward and £1000 of not exactly inconspicuous goods has vanished in the ether.
Wish I could recommend someone but it really is - you pays your money......

parcel force are ok if you have a spare 3 weeks to sit in all day...... best i have used is parcel monkey..... best i have had for delivery is dpd but as said before they are all useless

Never had a problem with parcel force.. i always get a text with a 2 hour delivery timeslot and they have always delivered within that time frame..
use them quite often, Matt the driver is a good lad and should i have to go out for some reason he knows where to leave my parcel... i will get another text saying it's been delivered so i know it will be there when i get home. luckily the main post office is just up the road from me so if i send anything through parcel force then i drop it up there... as Terry says you could be waiting in all day otherwise....about as good as it gets for me....
never use them for sending rods over 1.5m.....way too expensive.. tnt get the pleasure of that, although it's still expensive around £19.00
Regarding Tuffnels i wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, they have a depot about a mile from me, they cant keep, get or even treat what staff they have properly..always advertising.. a mate of mine went driving for them, lasted less than a week,, awful company...

Last edited:
The TRUTH IS evry delivery company has drivers that are on the fiddle it really does depend on where you live

Parcel force are pretty decent, if you sign up to their rewards 4U scheme you get 15% off the send price.

Back