• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Diy

Clive Shipman

Senior Member & Supporter
Thought this might be a good subject to bring up. What items not necessarily a purpose made for fishing are in your equipment (not including pasties).
Nothing of mine is DIY but I have been eyeing up some telescopic poles at work seems they might make a superb landing net handle (not sure I could get away with the 6 mtr one on the banks though).
Here are a few pole examples.

Photos

Sorry for some unknown reason I cannot upload the photos!

My best bit of non-fishing kit would have to be my dog spike, never leave home without it.

but if you get there before me I will always introduce people to my friend mr machete

favourite swim guaranteed.

I am joking.

I found that the Fold up spade was a bit on the heavy side for my liking, so I had a think (it hurt a bit but I persisted ) and came up with a simple solution .... I went to Wilkinsons and bought a stainless steel wallpaper stripper, you know the type, a flat blade about 9" long ,on a plastic handle . I then filed some teeth on one side of the blade , a bit like a saw blade. It is very useful for cutting back stubborn bankside vegitation , and does help when you need a step cut in steep banks .Small, light and takes up hardly any room at all.

Dave

Back