• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Disappointing buying experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony Pearson

I recently purchased an item from a site member which was not as described. It cost me £5 to return it and then I find the seller deducted his own postage cost when repaying me via my paypal account, despite the fact that the advertised cost included p&p! I am £10 down, not happy and am interested to hear your views. Should I be naming and shaming?

I think so, will stop people buying from him in the future then.
do people really think by being dishonest in description that people wont say anything when items are recieved?

Have you contacted the seller to express your dissatisfaction and ask for a refund of the postage? If so what did he say?

I think you should always give the seller the chance to rectify the complaint before "shaming" him.

If he has given a reason for his actions, perhaps post here before naming him so the "jury" can decide whether his actions are justified or not. Mud sticks, so I'd be wary of naming anyone until both sides have been heard.

I was the seller, I will hold my hand up high. It was for a set of Reuben Heaton specimen scales 60lb x 1oz. My add is still there if anyone wants to check it out. The scales were 40 pound plus free post and packaging, a recent set went for 50 plus on ebay. I even stipulated the serial number of the scales to ensure the purchaser could do his homwwork. Anthony complained that he couldnt see the hand on the dial on arrival, and i said on one email he could send them back, but on another after adding up the postage etc i would have to charge a fiver, this was over a week ago, with no reply fron the seller, but I did receive the scales. Aftter waiting with still no answer I refunded Anthony the difference.
All I can say was sorry for the inconvenience and go get your eyes tested sharpish and one more communication works both ways.

Enough said

Jon

Jon as you've outed yourself, let me remind you of the following. 21st July I pm'd you saying that I was still awaiting a reply from the manufacturers (I had asked if a new needle could be purchased and fitted DIY. The cost £10 but a special tool is required and often the lens gets broken when attepmts are made to remove it without the tool. £27 for a full service). Once I'd got the reply and ruled it out, I posted the scales back to you and pm'd you on 25th July to that effect. I still have copies of these pm's in my sent box. The problem with the hand on the dial is that it is black on a dark background and because the white/light coloured needle is missing from the end of the hand, it can't be used effectively. The hand doesn't reach the scale markings so you're left to guess what the exact weight is. I already have the scales in 2oz increments but wanted a more accurate measure (for the tiny fish that I catch once in a while!) which is why I was buying the scales. If you can't see the needle on the stock photo I posted to you, perhaps you need your eyes testing. Here's a reminder from the pm I sent with a stock photo on 12th July when I first alerted you about the problem:

RHSHScales.jpg

P.S. It's pointing at the 29lb mark

Were the scales damaged in any way shape or form, were the scales as manufactured and unmodified or was it that they just didn't suit you?

Apologies Chris if I didn't make it clear enough. If you look at the photo, you can see a small white'ish arrowhead pointer on the hand of the scales. This is missing from those that I received. Hence, they were not as manufacured and far too difficult to use accurately as a consequence.

I cannot believe you now have the Gaul to say the scales were faulty now (which is a totally new one on me), the scales were sold in perfect working order, I even gave you the serial number of the Item, which you checked up on. The scales were a bargain at £40 delivered, but because you couldnt see the dial properly, you wanted a refund. If they had been faulty in any way, then a full refund would have been made promptly. I did say via a PM a charge would be made a good 5 days ago just to cover my expenses Posting fuel etc, because the scales were not faulty, but you never responded so I thought you accepted it, a reply and something could have been sorted amicably.

A total waste of a thread and in my eyes petty to wash this on a public forum, something I would think better from you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back