• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dinsmores bait dropper.

Steve Sorrell

Well, after reading on here somewhere about Gooutdoors stocking the Dinsmores bait droppers, i stopped off at my local store to buy a couple.
What a laugh just reading the packaging......buoyant spelt "boyant", vertical spelt "verticle"..........
If Dinsmores is an english firm they should be ashamed.......country is going to pot.................their proof reader is probably a jam roll.

Well, after reading on here somewhere about Gooutdoors stocking the Dinsmores bait droppers, i stopped off at my local store to buy a couple.
What a laugh just reading the packaging......buoyant spelt "boyant", vertical spelt "verticle"..........
If Dinsmores is an english firm they should be ashamed.......country is going to pot.................their proof reader is probably a jam roll.

If we're being pedantic shouldn't "english" be spelt with a capital?

And what does an old fashioned but very tasty sticky pudding have to do with proof reading?

I think that is rather harsh Dinsmores may not be the tackle tarts first choice as far a branding. but they are a small English company that sell some good product, their bank sticks and net handles are built to last. I was talking to a a Fishing tackle stall holder in Tewkesbury last Wednesday and he was full of praise for the company he said they employ only a handful of people so perhaps they do factor out quite a bit. However to judge a book by it's cover is harsh.
Did you buy a bait dropper?
And what does Jam Roll rhyme with?:)

Yeah, i got a couple. Just thought it very strange that they couldn't get the spelling correct.
A clue for you..... jam rolls are also known as big foreheads round these parts. Known to be particularly fond of Thames fish (and any others for that matter), and i don't mean putting them back!!
Barbecued bream anyone???

Back