• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Desperately need 5000 XTEA Gold Spool to swap or buy

***bling*** :D

Does anyone have a spare gold spool for a 5000 XTEA that they would be willing to sell or alternatively I have two silver spools in mint condition that I am happy to swap
I can supply photos if needed
My two Torrix’s have some gold threads and I need the gold spool as my OCD won’t allow me to sleep at night :)
Help me please…..
Buy a 4000D.
better reel and gold spool 😉

Does anyone have a spare gold spool for a 5000 XTEA that they would be willing to sell or alternatively I have two silver spools in mint condition that I am happy to swap
I can supply photos if needed
My two Torrix’s have some gold threads and I need the gold spool as my OCD won’t allow me to sleep at night :)
Help me please…..
I have one Keith if it allows you to sleep soundly.

Thanks for the response Keith, I have 2 x 5000 XTEA, just fantastic reels, but no spare spools, I'm on the constant look out for them.

Do you know if any others are compatible ?

Cheers.

Thanks for the response Keith, I have 2 x 5000 XTEA, just fantastic reels, but no spare spools, I'm on the constant look out for them.

Do you know if any others are compatible ?

Cheers.
I picked up a genuine Shimano XTEA 5000 spool off ebay a few years back for peanuts, always worth looking out for.

I picked up a genuine Shimano XTEA 5000 spool off ebay a few years back for peanuts, always worth looking out for.
You won’t find any on eBay for peanuts anymore, the cheapest I have seen is £140.00 for a rough one and a brand new one was offered a couple of weeks ago for buy it now for nearly £400 !

The XTEA 5000’s have a smaller reel body and use smaller spools
I believe the reel body size is the same on the 6000’s, 8000’s & 10000’s but the spool sizes hold different quantities of line. But I would assume that in theory the spools for these would all be compatible but each spool is marked up with the reel size.

I was outbid on one recently, think it went for about £45 just for the spool. They very rarely come up.

I think these reels have reached cult status !!!

I was outbid on one recently, think it went for about £45 just for the spool. They very rarely come up.

I think these reels have reached cult status !!!
I have one I bought together with a baby 2500 Shimano the chap was giving up angling and bought them both for £60, used just once or twice, which was a steal. The spare spool was about £18 or less eBay.
Difficult to get similar bargains these days, but the cherry on the cake has to be the Torrix 11'again almost mint for again just £60.. 😮

I have one I bought together with a baby 2500 Shimano the chap was giving up angling and bought them both for £60, used just once or twice, which was a steal. The spare spool was about £18 or less eBay.
Difficult to get similar bargains these days, but the cherry on the cake has to be the Torrix 11'again almost mint for again just £60.. 😮
I’m passing my shopping list over to you
I never find steals like that

In Tewkesbury we had a tackle dealer with a stall in the market. Long gone now, but he traded some good stuff, picked up a couple of almost mint 5010, 6010 reels for 40 quid each, but the best buy was a unused Drennan Tench and Bream distance rod for 35 pounds that I ebayed for 110, didn't realise they were so sought after.
Folk seem to have wised up on the value of tackle, but the bloke you need to shadow is our own Clive Shipman, he sells quality at a good price.

I think that was Bill Leavesly Neil,he used to run a shop in Bewdley,it was a real Alladins Cave for all manner of fishing tackle,a real nice bloke and he really knew how to catch a roach or two

Back