• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Desborough Cut - Walton on Thames. Anybody??

Neil Powney

Hi folks, and a happy new year to all!

Does anyone fish the Desborough Cut with any regularity? Just wondered whether it was producing many barbel? I think the last time I fished it was 15 years ago but as it's fairly local for me was thinking of getting down there. Normally spend all my time on the Kennet but blanking locally is a less painful option!

Maybe a little harder than it was! Far better bits of the Thames nearby. It's a uniform 9ft down the track with little features.

local to me also, been producing throughout the season (by all accounts) just a shame about the rowers

paul, care to share? pm if you like

cheers

Ok, thanks guys. Yes, Paul, if you'd care to share?!! Have been thinking Hampton Court too, where it meets the Mole. Again, not fished it for donkeys years. The 'bream brigade' always put me off the Thames!

The bream have been conspicuous by their absence this year.

I have found the run off from shepperton/weybridge weir and below Sunbury weir to be the most productive. I have a boat moored at Walton with a fish finder and there are also some amazingly deep holes to be found that when their is a bit of colour can be productive.

Where you find a less than average depth ie 8ft rather than 12ft the barbel aren't generally too far away.

Thanks paul, had my fair share of bream this year

mate of mine has a boat at walton with a fishfinder, last time we went out on it found some big holes as you say but not many fish were around according to it, had more success without any of that fancy gubbins hahaha

from word of mouth accounts barbel have been coming out all along 'our bit' of the thames

Cheers Paul, will bear that in mind. Much appreciated. Hmmm.... a fish finder? God, I don't need to spend any more money!

Back