• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Delkim - excellent service

Justin Cubberley

With the previous bite alarm threads running, I was reminded of a slight issue with one of my alarms.
Nothing to serious, but the leds on one alarm just didn't seem as bright as my others when in 'run' mode. This was far more noticeable when in the night light function and wasn't a result of the brightness adjustment.
I filled out the online fault form and sent my alarm back to Delkim with royale mail 2nd class recorded service, under insured I know. This was received by them on the 11th.
Today, 14th, I received a text message and email saying that my repair had been completed and how to pay my bill of £12.50.
Now when you consider that my postage was £3.95 to forward the alarm, I think that £8ish for any form of repair is pretty good value for money.

Just for balance, I sent an, admittedly old, TXI delkim back for a latching problem. 'Sorry, we don't stock parts for that model' was the Delkim response. It wasn't what I wanted to hear. Got it sorted by the guy at ATT. Works fine now. Pretty poor by Delkim really.

How long ago was that? I only ask as att used to have a Web site dedicated to att alarms as well as there affiliation with Gardner. They used to market mods and alterations on most alarms but I haven't been able to locate this site for 5 years or so

Back