• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Day tickets, Dunham Bridge

David Craine

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi all, considering a final session on the Trent before the season closes, I have not had much success on the Collingham tidal ,I usually fish the conveyor belt stretch, away from the wier stretch where it seems to get busy and litter is a problem, so was thinking maybe a bit lower, maybe Dunham Bridge area.. I seem to remember reading that there was a day ticket stretch somewhere in the Dunham area, but cant for the life of me remember where it was, and if tickets were available on the bank. The Trent is such a big river finding day ticket stretches is not so easy.
I wondered if maybe somebody could point me in the right direction ? If not Dunham, maybe somewhere else nearby ?

Cheers !

David.

David. On the Lincoln side there's a car park. Looking downstream of the clapper gate that's Lincoln water. Sheffield side under bridge and upstream is day ticket too. Downstresm of bridge sheffield side its Scunthorpe amalgamated members only. Lincoln side upstream of bridge day ticket. So on the long winded side day ticket everywhere except downstream of bridge sheffield side.

Cheers for that John, I am just really looking for alternative venues on the Tidal, for some reason as said I have never done well on the Collingham stretch , although I know on the day it can be really good.

Perhaps if it was not a 2 hour journey I could put in a bit more time amd suss out the areas a bit more, anyway, some more stretches to think about.

David

Hi all, considering a final session on the Trent before the season closes, I have not had much success on the Collingham tidal ,I usually fish the conveyor belt stretch, away from the wier stretch where it seems to get busy and litter is a problem, so was thinking maybe a bit lower, maybe Dunham Bridge area.. I seem to remember reading that there was a day ticket stretch somewhere in the Dunham area, but cant for the life of me remember where it was, and if tickets were available on the bank. The Trent is such a big river finding day ticket stretches is not so easy.
I wondered if maybe somebody could point me in the right direction ? If not Dunham, maybe somewhere else nearby ?

Cheers !

David.
Cant use this new format very well , had a good cod season last year 27 keepers up to 8 1/2 lb , as I live only 10 minutes away from the humber , upstream from Stallingboro at Goxhill, will be going on the tidal Monday night till tuesday morning ,might see you next season if you do join the Scunthorpe club best of luck at Collingham , regards Alex .

Back