• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Day ticket barbeling

Paul Graves

Dear All.

Can anyone suggest any day ticket venues within about 2hrs drive of Bedford as myself and fellow angler Nick feel like a change from the Great Ouse.Any info would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks Paul

Hi men ,

The Teme / Severn / Avon is in that time ( I do it from your area ) , and a BAA dayticket will put you on loads of bits , or pop into Allens in Worcester , or a tackle shop closer to the Avon , and they will put you right on other waters .

Hatter

Hi Paul

The Soar around loughbourgh is worth a go...not too far from you, if you needed any info on day tickets and stretches give Bennetts tackle at Mountsorrel a ring 0116 2302818

Cheers
jason

I haven't fished it for a few years now Mark, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too busy during the week. Probably best to give them a call.

There's quite a bit of river above the mill but this is a bit sluggish (not really 'barbely'). The most popular barbel/chub swims are below the mill/weirs and this is only a fairly short stretch now.
I'm sure there's people on here that know a lot more about it than me but I've attached this just to give you a bit more info.

http://www.fishsoutheast.co.uk/riverkennet.htm

the old mill is a nice place, but it's crowded for me, it's like a rat race at 7am on the gate.

Back