• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dat ticket Nottinghamshire

Sean Smith

Day ticket Nottinghamshire

Can anyone help

I am taking my Father in law out next weekend and we are going to a party in nottinghamshire so we will have saturday free to explore some fishing

we are looking at somewhere near the trent at newark or anything else which may suit Possibly the derwent

He is 72 now so nothing to bad

we are open to all sujestions but time will be against us and want to make it worth while

newark is going to be a 45min drive

Belper is going to be a 30min drive

does anyone know a decent Day ticket stretch in this area which could include the derwent or the trent ?

Many thanks in advance

Sean

Last edited:
Try A1 pits they have there own website and you can park behind your peg, its in north muskam just outside newark, but he does lock the gates at night and opens them in the morning check site for details.:D

HI Sean,
Try Smeatons caravan park just outside Newark on the old river (Trent). They have 7 swims of well made pegs. They allow night fishing & it fishes well in the dark.

There are other areas that I could recommend but they don't allow night fishing.
Lets us know where you end up & how you do.

Best fishes,

Bob

hi Sean, might be worth ringing Gerrys of Nottingham for advice, as lots of the river is members only now shame as 10 years ago nobody cared.

The caravan site at Thrumpton (stretch below Ashfields) is DT and allow nights. Easy reach of Belper.

Back