• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dark carbon xtra power rods

Peter T Thomas

Pair of rods for sale custom built one new other used 4 times slight different colour whippings one charcoal other black £420 plus post may sell separatley. offers ?

I do but you can buy these rods new from Mark tunley for about 240 a rod which is 480 a pair with full guarantee and matching whipping me personally there is not alot of a saving to incouarge a sale hope this helps on the plus side excellent blanks built by an excellent rod builder pics and descriptions length tc ect will all help aid a sale

The only reason the whippings dont match is one was made 6 months earlier when charcoal whippings were avaiable then when i had the next one built it was discontinued so had to have black whippings .

No point sugar coating it. Lovely rods but They are overpriced imo.
I can only assume most people would rather stump up an extra 80 quid to get a brand new matching set without your name on them delivered.
I certainly would.
My personal opinion on their worth as they are. £170 a piece Tops.
I think eBay set at a price or best offer with collection only will get peter close to what he wants , barbel custom rods sell well on there .

To the right buyer , who wants them now, I think it's a fair price.
Big problem at the moment seems to be getting blanks from Harrison. I've had a Torrix on order since June and no sign of the blank. I've heard it could be next year before they arrive with Mark and this was before the recent lockdown news.
I think Dave Lumb is reporting the same.

I’m still waiting on a custom built Harrison from mark tunley been on order since early May but fingers crossed 2 more weeks should be ready 🤞

Just to add, I bought a pair of the same rods, slightly mismatched. Cork handle length differs by half inch, but the ringing is identical so if I squint a little I don't notice the difference, and I do suffer with fishing OCD 😂 Assume original buyer bought one and then at a later decided to have another. No personalisation on them.

They look new and I paid a very reasonable price for the pair, however, I accept that I paid mates rates and saved a few quid. I think £350 for the pair is likely to tempt a buyer.

But as I've said throughout your thread Peter, I can vouch that these are superb rods and I think the eventual buyer will be very very happy with them 👍

Back