• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Damp

Phil Maggs

Left my luggage in the shed and basically forgot about until today.. one bag in particular is covered in mould (furry stuff and black dots).. took it indoors good soak in the sink and gave it a good scrubbing with a brush and with some washing up liquid and any other cleaners i could find.. dried it out in the airing cupboard but the stains are still there.. anybody got any tips how to remove these mould stains ?, they look awful, might have to get another bag but somebody might know different?
thanks...

Does it really matter about a few mould marks? your bags/rucksacks get coverd in mud and sheep S@@ through the year! Unless your a tackle tart bud :D

Try Asda or Morrisons THIN bleach or Milton sterilising fluid but try the bleach on an inconspicuous place first to see if it takes the colour,I've used the bleach in the past to remove mildew from pushchairs etc that have been put away when damp,just make sure it's the THIN bleach and not the stuff you put down toilets,should be about 29p,well worth a try,good luck

There are various mould sprays available, usually bleach based. The best by far, in my experience, is made by a company called HG.
It's very effective against bathroom mould so should sort out your bag. Follow the instructions, especially about testing on an inconspicuous area.
Available from good builders merchants. Or try online.

Back