• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa Powermesh 2.75 Barbel Rod

Feeder wise i would say 6 to 8 oz loaded cage feeders. On my son's 12ft, 2.75 Carp rod i did try a 10 oz feeder but it didn't feel right. It felt it was pushing the limit. Am sure someone who fishes flood waters will come along soon to give you more insight.

Don't think I would ever use a lead bigger than 5 ounces, even on the severn, just takes all the pleasure out of fishing imo. Try casting upstream with a bow in the line, rod held high. Besides is there any reason to use a huge feeder in a huge flood? That powermesh should be more than enough.

I have a pair but not posted up till now as I havent caught a fish on them yet
but did try a few lobs with an 8ozs and felt a heck of a lot better than my Fox 2.25 Duolite on a big tide on the mighty Trent

I have got some Diawa amorphous AKN12H carp rods well over 20 years old I would put them against any modern 2.75lb carp rods ..........Diawa make quality gear

Back