• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa Infinity Barbel rod.

Simon Lush

Given up trying to find a new one !! Anyone have one to sell ? needs to be in EXC condition and one of the later models, i.e the one with the Duplon tip and butt grip on the handle or the latest version and in 1lb 12oz t.c.

Or if anyone knows of a shop that actually has one in stock please let me know !

Cheers.

Last edited:
Go for it Simon....tell your employers it is an essential piece of scientific equipment for testing the health of a river system...then put a chitty in for it :D

Cheers, Dave.

Simon, I have just purchased two, and I have had to wait for them to be built. I dont know if I feel priveledged about this or shocked that they only make to order. This maybe a specific tackle shop issue though.

Simon, I have just purchased two, and I have had to wait for them to be built. I dont know if I feel priveledged about this or shocked that they only make to order. This maybe a specific tackle shop issue though.

Chris, my local tackle shop tried to order one for me but was told by Daiwa head office that they had none in stock but did have ONE on order but no idea when or even if it would turn up !! Odd for a rod that is supposed to be hand made in Britain ?! The cynical side of me is wondering if the blanks come in on a boat and they are just assembled here.

They do have 2 and a quarters but i really don't want one of them.

Best bet is to keep an eye on eBay. I picked up an old model (the one with the duplon/cork handle) in 1.75 brand new for £140 posted the other day as it was the old model. That was from angling directs eBay shop I think. You could see if they have any others as they only have the new model on their website.

Best bet is to keep an eye on eBay. I picked up an old model (the one with the duplon/cork handle) in 1.75 brand new for £140 posted the other day as it was the old model. That was from angling directs eBay shop I think. You could see if they have any others as they only have the new model on their website.

It was you that bought it then!
i saw that when it first came on e-bay and was very tempted but kept watching it.. i have the daiwa theory and have had two infinitys before but sold them... i really like the theory so was umming and ahhhing and thought to myself that won't be on here long at that price and i believe it was free delivery?.. anyway there it was gone! before i even had time to make my mind up.. real bargain there Ben...

Back