• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa Infinity Advanced Barbel Rod

Nic Costar

Hi all,

I would like your views on this rod please, thinking of upgrading my rods for the coming new season just wondering what your thoughts were ?

Nic :)

If its good enough for Bob Roberts, its good enough for me. the rod has top notch fuji SIC single leg guides and a quality fuji MNST tip guide which are swcond to none. I use ghe 2. 25 on the Trent and it copes with anything i throw at it. the action is one of the best i have seen, with a very good butt section for chuckin out a big feeder and stopping angry doubles. Its not just a big river rod either as i use it on my local small rivers to good effect.

Jon

I have the 1.75lb TC, I got it as an insurance replacement for a Chimera I had stolen & I like it...a lot.

Guys I’ve got the opportunity to own one of these rods 2.25 tc my concern in that where it joins the inner spigot only goes roughly an inch into the top section
This dont seem right
The rod looks new and I can’t work out why the two sections dont butt up completely
Can any of you enlighten me as to how this should fit together please

Thanks in advance

Should fit in by more than an inch Tony. More like 4-5 inches I would say. Sounds as though someone has mixed up the butt and tips from different rods. I’d be inclined to say don’t touch it.

Though they do vary depending on the diameter and type of the rod, there's not much chance of the whole male spigot being five inches long. Measuring an old Powermesh Carp rod (three piece) shows that the male of the lower joint is 86mm (3 3/8") long. It goes together leaving a 14mm (just over 1/2") spigot gap meaning that 72mm (2 7/8") of the spigot fits into the female. That's one of the bigger Daiwa spigots I've got to measure. The rest I have are lighter rods and the spigots are correspondingly smaller.

To get back to the original question.....
I had a pair of the original Infinities, and can confirm that the build quality & components are absolutely top notch.
I found that the rods were "springier" than a lot of Barbel rods recovering a lot quicker than most, but in true Daiwa fashion they were really nice fish playing tools.
In fact the only reason i let mine go was i preferred the reel seat on my Insights to the "screw Up" style on the Daiwa, and at the time daiwa didn't do the 2.25lb version.

Hope this helps...

Andy

I always used to aim for a minimum of 70mm insertion, overfit or spigot for carp barbel rods. Reckon that overfit has the advantage regarding adapting, repair etc.

Back