• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Daiwa - exceptional customer service.......

Adam Francis

I just wanted to post about my recent experience with Daiwa as I think it's just as important to praise companies when they do excel.

I recently bought a used 125m closed face reel for stick float fishing & when it arrived in the post the backwind wasn't working. My attempts to remedy this resulted in the clutch also not working so in desperation I sent it off to Daiwa to reassemble.

The reel arrived back in perfect working order & absolutely no charge, not even the courier cost. A big thank you to them & just a shame that other companies don't seem to support their products & customer's in the same way!

I would agree 100% Adam, I have had exceptional service from Daiwa, although my reels were (are) 7ht beach multipliers,and Slosh Multipliers, they have at various times supplied parts, replaced parts, and in once case replaced one new for old,and it was about 3 years old at that and well out of manufacturers warranty, all free of charge and postage....that is the way to keep a faithful customer database.

I have always had a high regard for Daiwa rods and reels, they are imo well made, and always seem to have parts readily available if needed.

Dave

Another one to big up Daiwa, I too have always had excellent service form them.
I should also like to add their Float/Feeder rods were the only make I'd consider when I was a practicing match angler. They were the absolute Dogs Doo-Dahs!
In fact I still have most of my rods from the 80's & 90's they are all pretty much as new, which is a testament to how well they were made in the first place!

Andy

Another vote for Diawa, although i had to pay the postage ( £19 ), i got a new for old brolly that had broke at the tilt mechanism :)

Back