• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dace picture...

Graham Rawson

Ok the fly was meant for the spotty ones but hey, they all count right?;)

SpecimenDace.jpg

Cheers,

Graham

Awesome

Don't tell a soul, but dace are one of my favourite fish; I'd rather flick tiny dries and nymphs or trot for them in all seasons and weathers than go braindead behind a big-fish lead rod...

I used to travel up to the Tweed sometimes three days a week when the big dace were there. During that time we never weighed individual fish and I'm pretty sure there would have been a record fish overlooked and we only ever took the smaller fish back to the Wear ;)

I was lucky enough to witness a shoal of colossal dace on the Upper Kennet around 7/8 years ago now. I never caught one, I didn't even fish for them as they were too sly for me back then but I know several angling 'names' managed to tempt a few which were nearly all pound plussers... I really thought it was going to do the record, but 1.4 was the biggest reported.

Fascinating fish the dace, lovely on the float, I had a 5ozer on the Colne yesterday, love them.

I saw those Chris ! Collossal Fish ! Had one decent one there, around the 12ozs mark, but nothing of the scale the 'names' had. It still has some good ones and the do look nice young fish !

The biggest I ever saw was on the Upper Middle Hants Avon ! Quite simply mind blowing !

Looking forwards to my winter Dace campaign already !

Regards Paul M.

Count me in!

Back