• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cordura rod tubes?

Robin Bowes

Hi,

My new i-power will be arriving on Friday - woohoo, matching pair!

Does anyone know a good source of cordura rod tubes suitable for a twin-tip 12ft rod?

R.

Ash,

I've seen those, but they're a bit long.

Each section of a 12ft two-piece rod will be around 6ft in length, or 1.80 m. A 2.4m tube will be nearly 2ft too long!

I'm looking for something approx. 1.85m in length.

Thanks for the suggestion.

R.

A quote from a web site I have just found "FABRIC COVERED TUBES - . Zip cap closure . Nice soft bungs at each end . Handle and Carrying strap . Your choice of internal diameters from tiny Brook Rods to Four Piece Salmon - just tell us and we make for you ! Available elsewhere at silly prices - any size you want we make for you specially ! Green, Olive, Red or Black Cordura outers (When you measure your rod for us - do include the length of the spigot - the return postage is fierce – and we aren't going to pay it !) each £16:95p."
Here is the web page for the quote HERE
And the main web page HERE

Clive

Thanks Clive - looks interesting.

Ash, I've googled already but not found anything suitable, hence my post here.

R.

Last edited:
New rods for me on Friday as well Robin. This time Torrix 2.25lb flood rods for distance/floodwater fishing on the Trent.

That will be it for me methinks, I have something for every barbel fishing occasion now. I've ended up with a quiver with sleeves, quite sturdy , safe and light enough for a fatty like me to carry long distances.

I hope that you enjoy the iPowers Robin.

Conrad

Conrad,

I too have a quiver with sleeves [1]. It's a nice setup, but I'm a clumsy sod and don't want to take the risk with the new rods!

I've hardly fished at all this season - a combination of work & family commitments - but on the couple of occasions I have been out, I've enjoyed using the i-power I bought off you. I christened it first time out, as I recall [2]

Hopefully the snow melt will run off, the temperatures will rise, and I'll get chance to christen the new rod before the end of the season.

Cheers,

R.

PS. Let me know when you sell the new rods - I'll take them ;)

[1] http://www.fishtec.co.uk/productdet...cimen-quiver-and-5-sleeve-system/40/yes/45124
[2] http://barbelfishingworld.yuku.com/topic/18995

Back