• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Coppens Red Halibut Pellets?

Stephen Bond

Hello BFWers,
I just bought a sack of the Coppens Red Halibut Pellets (not to be confused with the Dynamite Baits Robin Red pellets).

Has anyone tried them?

Stephen

I guess it's something they put in them?

Angling Red Halibut | Coppens International

prod.3_redhalibut.jpg

Angling Red Halibut

Red Halibut (Red hookable marine halibut pellet)

High quality ingredients RED HALIBUT is another "drilled" bait for fresh water fish. This product is based on marine fish meal, crustacean meal, refined fish oil and other high quality ingredients which make the feed very attractive to many fish species.

Attractive bait RED HALIBUT contains powerful attractants like soluble fish proteins that make this product very attractive and palatable with a long lasting effect. Even the biggest and most experienced fish are tempted by the unique smell and taste of this feed which is available in 8, 12, 16 and 20 mm diameter. RED HALIBUT is the ideal bait for specimen hunters for carp, catfish and barbel.

Long lasting water stability The well balanced composition and its physical properties keep RED HALIBUT hard and stable in the water for many hours after the first throw in. This makes it possible to fish with the same bait for a very long time while smaller fish can not take away your carefully placed bait. Its attractants leak into the water giving an instant and lasting effect. The modern technology to produce these pellets reduces the amount of breakage to the minimum.

Easy to use There is no need anymore to loose precious time drilling standard fish feed pellets ending up with a shaky quality and a lot of broken pellets. A perfect round hole has been extruded into this RED HALIBUT to make hook mounting quick and simple. Especially designed for use with hair rigs this excellent bait can make a difference for the discerning specimen hunter. RED HALIBUT is also very suitable for barbel fishing as well as for carp and crucian ponds, especially in the new 8 mm size.

Red Halibut 8.0 mm
12.0 mm
16.0 mm
20.0 mm
Downloads

Angling brochure | | 1.84 MB

Angling assortment overview | | 48.41 Kb

I have had great results in the past by combining a Robin Red pellet with a normal Halibut one (glued back to side on a hair). Often this would get a quicker response than just plain old Halibut or elips pellets. Often wondered if the colour helped a bit.

Been around for a few years both as they are and in flavoured form. Caught lots of fish on them and they keep well in storage. Great as a 'change' bait - guess I'll have to find something else.......
They've increased in price but got some from here:
Red Halis

Cheers
Bob

I decided to open the sack today and check them out. My first impression is they smell like standard halibut pellets but they aren't as strong smelling as I was expecting, considering.

When I compared them to some standard Coppens black halibut pellets it confirmed my suspicion.

Anyhow, won't be too long before I can try them out with the barbel :)

Stephen

Back