• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

confessions of a carp fisher. info please.

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
BOOKS & ANGLERS GUIDES

If you scroll down you will come across the above book as sold.

Any book collectors tell me how it has a leather cover?
Were any issued like this in 1951 the First edition issue date?

Also any views on the same book with same cover unsigned would be worth?

Thanks

Graham

Graham, sure it would be a rebound copy ( I own a rebound first edition ).

The last one that sold on Ebay went for about £90, but it didn't look in as good a condition as the one on your link.

I have a battered first edition that I have thought of having rebound in leather. The price of doing so was pretty eye watering as I remember.

Steve

Speaking To Barry Arbury,last week whilst fishing he told me he had got a lot of his older treasured(like this) more tired books rebound by Tom at little egret press.He had the leather covers already and had them fitted,seems like a good idea.

Re the book

Graham it's definitely been rebound. However a leather bound version of BB's The Fisherman's Bedside Book was published in red leather,. But there was a problem in that the leather was not supported by hard card (more like a paperback) it deteriorated rapidly. I have a copy but I have to be careful when handling it. I have had quite a few books rebound in half leather with marbled boards ( I prefer it to full leather) by Atkinsons of Salisbury and I have never been disappointed. I think I paid about £65 to have a copy of Confessions rebound.
Regards

Mike

Back