• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Compact camera with flip round screen

Chris to find a decent one, thwe price range you are looking at will make it difficult. To find a good camera, I would suggest going for a small second hand olympus EM5- MK 2 OR 3. You would of course need a small 12-40mm lens to capture good trophy shots. you can get very good and cheap remote set ups too. the price for a total may go a bit over our figure, but it is worth it. See the inserted picture taken on this set up.
One from several years ago and not seen on this site before.
9.15lb 0oz  Oct 2016. St PATS (2) (2).jpg

If you could push the budget up a little(£250ish),you’d get a second hand Sony RX100 Mk3.Good image quality in a very compact camera.Flip up screen and port to plug in a intervalometer which make self takes a breeze.

Hi @Chris Thomson .. I've got a totally 'as new' Lumix DC-TZ95 that's never been out of the house (another lockdown purchase!), with a soft and hard case. But I'd want £300 for it, and collect only (Bewdley area)

All I do now is prop my phone on my rucksack and take a short video then edit/keep best still frame…only do this if a special fish otherwise I’m happy with Matt shots. Works for my needs
If you like ‘Matt’ shots; check out ‘Matt Harris fly fishing’. Some of the best angling photography out there.

Chris if you want a top class digital camera with flip round screen, carry bag, I have a Canon G6 you can have for £80.

Below is a pic of a night caught chub (always a difficult fish to photograph in the dark).

Can also meet you in Ringwood area.

View attachment 28000
A super camera which I bought brand new many years ago.
I still have it and carry in my fishing bag but seldom use these days in preference to my Samsung phone.
Flip screen and infrared remote made this camera the best of its kind in my opinion at the time.

Back