• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

cold feet ? not any more!

Kev Whitcombe

http://www.columbia.com/Bugathermo-+-Product-Spotlight/Bugathermo_Landing,default,pg.html

Keep your feet warm with rechargable heated boots!:D

Just found these boots, not a cheap option but if you suffer from cold feet then these will be a godsend, found a few reviews about them and they really do seem to work, you can even buy a power inverter and recharge them in your car.

I think its a brilliant idea, just wish they were a little cheaper.

One of my 20 year old Hotfoot boots has just split, need a replacement but not as expensive as those!:rolleyes:

Hi Kev, what is the price of your boots.
A cheap option for really warm boots is Mukluk Wellies, they use the same lining as skee-tex. I have had mine for years, i also have a couple of pairs of Muck Boots, but believe me the mukluk's are brilliant for £40 available from Bennetts of Sheffield.
Brian

Ive tried all kinds of boots over the years,rite back to the Boom80's but if you suffer with cold feet (as i do) then its a real problem. At the moment i have some baffins i got sent over from America, they are decent boots, but when im sat still for hours on a freezing night my feet still get cold, the thought of an actual heater in the boot sounds such a good idea to me,
I think i'll wait till they have been around for a while to read some more reviews and maybe if some other companys launch a similar boot then they may become a little cheaper. Would certainly like a pair for next winter if possible:D

I cannot Fault the Muckboot Tay sport, i have had some cold weather injuries to my feet through work, and these are excellent.

Yes Mate same experience, if its above 8-10 degrees C, you would be better with something else.
Cracking wellies though.

hi gents
these muckboots sound the buissness, i dont mind my feet being to hot as i always struggle with them being rather cold, has anyone got a link as to where i can get them from
many thanks
jerry

hi gents
these muckboots sound the buissness, i dont mind my feet being to hot as i always struggle with them being rather cold, has anyone got a link as to where i can get them from
many thanks
jerry

There widely available Jerry just google them.

Jon

How do the sports differ from the standards are they thicker/heavier etc than the normal tays,

Had Skeetex for a while now but never had to do long walks in them and the liners do annoy me. How do the Muckboots compare to any other Neoprene welly, ie. Wychwoods?

Cheers
Jas

Jon

How do the sports differ from the standards are they thicker/heavier etc than the normal tays,

hi mark and thanks
i did that and i found the perfect pair of camoflaged waders, unfortunately i cant find a stockist within 200miles of stockport, i dont mind travelling(the wife will be driving lol) but i guess i,ll have to keep looking.
cheers
tight lines
jerry

I have the Wychwood ones and love them much better than normal welly's much warmer. Best things I have bought last year.

Jon

The Tay sports are better lined than just the Tay, ie; they are better for colder weather.

Yes Clive the wychwoods are cracking all purpose wellies, they are my summer and dog walking wellies.

The Tay sports are better lined than just the Tay, ie; they are better for colder weather.

Yes Clive the wychwoods are cracking all purpose wellies, they are my summer and dog walking wellies.

Jon

I bought a pair of the Wychwoods last summer for walking up and down the Teme and found my feet too warm and socks get soaked with sweat so put them away and never had them out again, will have to try them as a winter welly as I didn't think they would be warm all year round.

Cheers
Jas

Thw Wychwoods sound like a good option to replace my old Hotfoots.
How are they for sizing? I remember when I bought my neoprene waders I was advised to go a size up from my normal 9, I've certainly found that to be good advice.
Don't want to end up with wellies that are too small.

Back