• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Cloth rod bags

Stuart Wright

Evening all,

Apologies in advance, not the most interesting thread(!), but I’m hoping someone can point me in the direction of some new cloth rod bags.

I’ve managed to an additional tip section for my rods (effectively making them twin tips), but that means I now need 3 piece rod bags. Plenty of 3 pc cloth rod bags on eBay and other sites, but none that I can find that are designed for twin-tip 12ft rods, just 3 piece 12 or 13ft rods. So I’m a bit stuck!

Anyone else had this problem or know of a supplier?

Thanks all
Stu

Used to buy a 12' 'wide or wide carp bag' and get the missus to divide one of the sections into two.
Done literally hundreds this way for twin tips (Bfw i-powers, Torrix twins and others).
Cheap ebay rod bags are usually not very good, both in respect of material quality and workmanship.
Best of luck,
Cheers
Bob

That’s not a bad idea, thanks Bob. Not sure my missus is as skilled as your missus, but I know someone who is! Cheers

Evening all,

Apologies in advance, not the most interesting thread(!), but I’m hoping someone can point me in the direction of some new cloth rod bags.

I’ve managed to an additional tip section for my rods (effectively making them twin tips), but that means I now need 3 piece rod bags. Plenty of 3 pc cloth rod bags on eBay and other sites, but none that I can find that are designed for twin-tip 12ft rods, just 3 piece 12 or 13ft rods. So I’m a bit stuck!

Anyone else had this problem or know of a supplier?

Thanks all
Stu

Bruce & walker i think make bespoke rod bags if i remember correctly when browsing their website,not cheap but i would imagine good quality

Maybe Speak to a rod builder.
Roger of peregrine sent me a 3 tier bag for 12foot multi tip rod after I had sections made up for my rod. About 7 or 8 quid iirc. Maybe these guys have em in stock and would happily sell them separately.

Edit.......Bobs post is an even better idea.

Back