• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Closed Season Controversy

Without wanting to take this thread further off topic, I've always said if you want to be a vegetarian because of animal welfare concerns, then be a vegan. The number of "right-on" veggies I've seen wearing leather shoes and jackets...

If you're veggie just because you don't like the taste of meat, or have some form of intolerance to it or a medical issue which prevents you from eating it, then, naturally, that's absolutely fine.

I used to work with someone who was a hardcore vegan and had been, through choice, since a very young age, and she had far more respect for me - a lifetime member of the carnivore club but, crucially, one who wasn't squeamish when it came to different types or cuts of meat (tripe, eyes and bollocks are about the only things I won't go near) and who wasn't hypocritical, unlike those folks who give you a hard time for eating bacon whilst they tuck into their KFC, and who was concerned about where the meat I bought came from and the conditions it was raised in - than she did for most vegetarians, whom she considered as the worst type of person that thought they were in a stronger moral position than everyone else.

...so, this closed season, eh?

Back