• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chris brown products

Hey wise ones, I’ve just ordered myself a chris brown landing net, bank sticks and buzz bars, does anyone use this stuff? My friend recommended it to me and it looks spot on.
Hi Jamie
I've been using Chris Brown gear for more than twenty years, I have a 36" Barbel net with extending pole(don't think this is available now) and it's never missed a beat, also a 42" Carbon carp net, Buzz Bars,8 Bank Sticks in various size and the Parallel Bars to turn it into a Pod. It all comes with a lifetime guarantee!!! i cant fault it proper tackle from a great British company.
You won't be disappointed.

It’s lovely stuff
Jamie I saw a brief review somewhere. I think on BFW. I've always hankered after a quality landing net. Too many nets these days, I find are too flimsy, and not really up to the job without falling apart in a short time. It has always been one area of tackle that I've neglected. Anyway, I scoped the features on the CB web site and ordered Chris Brown's 36 inch barbel carp net. I've now tried it out on the bank and it's superb... and should see me out. It's well made, with a robust metal spreader block , support whippings on the carbon and the netting fish friendly as expected. The whippings are a nice contrasting green. It looks a quality product. The net handle comes with an extension that I haven't used yet. However, the male/female fittings used to connect and extend the length are of a good standard. You'll fit the biggest barbel anyone is every likely to land inside. It also being suitable for very big pike as well. I would highly recommend this high quality piece of extremely important fishing equipment.

Last edited:
I have a 32" barbel net with telescopic pole, as DaveC says, no longer available.

I also have a 36" with 6' pole and extension, same as AdyB by the sound of it.

Superb quality gear, and Chris is such a nice guy.

the landing net handle is about the only one i've never broken, Fox, Drennan and Gardner have all failed in one way shape or form, the Chris Brown one is still going strong; only down side is the weight.

Bank sticks are spot on but wider in gauge than most, so leave big holes in the ground, annoying if you're trying to be subtle.

I wonder if CB could be persuaded to produce a comfy, lightweight chair for river anglers and a big river tripod? I bet they could produce something much better than anything else on the market.

Would also add, that I don't mind paying a small premium for such well made UK made goods.

I always think buying British made goods, even at a premium, makes us all a little bit better off in the long-run, especially in today's economic climate.

I wonder if CB could be persuaded to produce a comfy, lightweight chair for river anglers and a big river tripod? I bet they could produce something much better than anything else on the market.

Would also add, that I don't mind paying a small premium for such well made UK made goods.

I always think buying British made goods, even at a premium, makes us all a little bit better off in the long-run, especially in today's economic climate.

Joe
I'm sure Chris could make a big river tripod but not so sure about the chair!!! Could be worth a phone call though.

Back