• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chair legs

Stephen Scaysbrook

I need some replacement legs for a couple of fishing chairs . I use to have a web site where these could be bought from but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.
Can anyone please help???

Thank you

Stephen

If you google "spare legs for fishing chairs" or "spare parts for fishing chairs" there's a few sites that may help

I have Googled it and the only one it came up with was kpspares. I've emailed so just waiting for them to get back to me.
Thank you both for your help.

Conversely, take the feet off the existing legs for your chair (I found it easy, with a hack-saw), buy some aluminium tubing (eBay has loads) and make new legs to a length that suits your needs. I generally find the front legs on chairs a bit too short. Easy, and cheap.
Post from 8th Nov 2019 ... I've just this week modified mine. Always wanted long front legs on seat, mostly don't use rear legs at all. Bought some alum tube off eBay (£9) and job done in an hour. Used thicker gauge (16swg/1.6mm) though to take extra 'strain'.

Last edited:
I bought some korum (square profile) telescopic legs from Ebay (the same ones the Paul has mentioned) and they're so much better than the originals.

Replacement legs for my chairs are £10 each plus P&P £3.50.
I need 6 legs to sort out two chairs £63.50
I've looked on Ebay at the aluminum tubing and it comes in at about £28
I've found This place and it comes in at £8.06 + £6 P&P Total £14.06..

I've not yet placed the order so of course have no feed back on the delivery from the place but I'm willing to take a chance.
Thank you all for your input.

Replacement legs for my chairs are £10 each plus P&P £3.50.
I need 6 legs to sort out two chairs £63.50
I've looked on Ebay at the aluminum tubing and it comes in at about £28
I've found This place and it comes in at £8.06 + £6 P&P Total £14.06..

I've not yet placed the order so of course have no feed back on the delivery from the place but I'm willing to take a chance.
Thank you all for your input.
Make sure you get the right gauge Stephen ...thin walled is cheap but .....

The one I've priced up is 19mm x 1.6mm wall thickness.
I'm waiting for my vernier caliper to be returned today so as I can be sure but by what i can measure with a tape and rule the walls on my chair legs is not 1.6mm.
But I'll be sure before I order.

I have a number of old chair legs lying around. The mice got at a pair of chairs and the legs were all that were salvageable. They are all 3/4” or 18mm dia. If they’re of any use you can have a set for the price of postage.

Attachments

• 9039C92B-10A1-46AC-A449-1D2EDD09C8B5.jpeg
    9039C92B-10A1-46AC-A449-1D2EDD09C8B5.jpeg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,106
Very kind offer Neil.
I've taken the opportunity to put longer legs on the chairs to give me a couple or so more inches to help my knees out plus a little extra to leave in the tube on the chair hoping it'll make the whole thing stronger.
Thank You very much for the kind offer

I'm waiting for my vernier caliper to be returned today so as I can be sure but by what i can measure with a tape and rule the walls on my chair legs is not 1.6mm.
The legs on my old seat were 1.7mm thickness I think, and I went for
Just rechecked my original order : I ordered 2 x 300mm, 3/4" x 10swg (19mm x 3.2mm). They'll take a bit of bending!

Terry I was thinking of ordering the 3.2mm but i was wondering how I would get the mud feet in but I suppose with them being plastic a Stanly knife would have sorted them out. I've gone for the 1.6mm which is the same as my old ones ..
With the weight I've put on I would have been better with the 3.2mm ( it will take some bending) but at the price if the job lasts a couple of years I don't mind. The chub chair I'm fixing is about 15 years old and the legs have been a bit dodgy for a couple of years so can't complain on that score and the JRC is also getting on a bit. So like I said if I can get a couple of years for my£15= I'll be happy enough.

Very kind offer Neil.
I've taken the opportunity to put longer legs on the chairs to give me a couple or so more inches to help my knees out plus a little extra to leave in the tube on the chair hoping it'll make the whole thing stronger.
Thank You very much for the kind offer

No problem Stephen. They’re just sitting here 😁 should they be of any use to anyone else.

Terry I was thinking of ordering the 3.2mm but i was wondering how I would get the mud feet in but I suppose with them being plastic a Stanly knife would have sorted them out. I've gone for the 1.6mm which is the same as my old ones ..
With the weight I've put on I would have been better with the 3.2mm ( it will take some bending) but at the price if the job lasts a couple of years I don't mind. The chub chair I'm fixing is about 15 years old and the legs have been a bit dodgy for a couple of years so can't complain on that score and the JRC is also getting on a bit. So like I said if I can get a couple of years for my£15= I'll be happy enough.
Yeah, you only have to sand/grind a mil and a bit off and job's a good 'un. And you know you'll not bend the buggers (not much anyway !)

All of the aluminum I ordered on Friday got delivered this morning so I'm pleased with that. Now to try and do the job on the chair legs.

All of the aluminum I ordered on Friday got delivered this morning so I'm pleased with that. Now to try and do the job on the chair legs.
I had to carefully hacksaw the bit of aluminium tube at a 45' angle where the foot went into it. Then with a screwdriver I prised up the pointy bit of aluminium where it joined the foot, then rolled it back with point-nosed pliers ...like opening a tin of sardines:) It was fairly easy.

Back