• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Chair Help

Stephen Scaysbrook

I know I know. But I really do need help.. I'm useing a Chub Hi-Lite chair at the moment but looking for some thing more comfortable.
I've been on the PC for over an hour but cant seem to find the information I need.. None of the site I've been on tell me how high the chair can go..
I need a high chair because of dodgy knees and back but would like on with arms.
So Light weight fully adjustable long legs with arms, and if it reclines even better.
Any one got any reccomendations Please.
And sorry for the Which Chair Thread..
Scaz

I have similar issues, which become painfully apparent on extended stays. What I found is that you aren't likely to meet the requirements in a lightweight package. On top of that, you aren't likely to find a high backed, long legged, chair that's much use on steep banks.

I've ended up using different chairs for different things. A river trip is likely to involve a Korum chair. Extendable legs can be had to make them even better on steep banks. If you want, you can buy arms to fit them. However, the more comfortable you want to be, the heavier the package gets.

For extended stay fishing on stillwaters, I use a Nash Hi-Back. The Daddy Long Legs model is similar, with even longer legs, longer than I needed. Again, weight is an issue. However, such long stay fishing usually involves the use of a barrow. I wouldn't want to be carrying such a chair for miles along a river.

Stephen before buying, try sitting in the chosen chair for several hours. As you are unlikely to be able to do this in a tackle shop it may be necessary to see if a BFW member in your area has the same chair and ask if you can try it out. Perhaps the tackle shop owner will let you buy and return a chair (so long as it's only used indoors) if it doesn't suit. Like Chris I have a Korum chair (bought in the classifieds on here) which has been great for me.

Chairs is an oft repeated thread on BFW. Some just sit on unhooking mats but sloping banks and as you get older, your needs require a little more comfort - especially to be "higher". Unfortunately comfort comes with weight so there is always a trade off. I friend of mine has recently bought a Wychwood NEW Carp Fishing Solace Comforter Arm Chair - Q0227. I have been impressed as it is high, good back, extending legs and not TOO heavy.

Back