• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

chaffing bad

being of a similar portly profile i find putting my bootocks infront of a occilating fan cools my chaffing;)

Mark....I can't believe you even need to ask mate :rolleyes: Just wipe the grease off yer chin when your eating a pie and get that rubbed in there....should work wonders. Mind you, depending exactly where the chaffing is occurring, care should be taken, especially if you are with your mates....the smell of pie may just get the better of them...and....well...saveloy and pickled onions might go down well, if you get my drift :eek:

Cheers, Dave :D

pie grease

never spilt a drop of juice,always hit the string vest dave:D and never get fingers hamer to apply it to the old ben nevis his bell ringers are like bq sausages:eek:

"Manrub"....Been an issue for years :(

Always feel a bit dirty rubbing vaseline around the affected spots in the car park before setting off for a day at the river too....?

Paul

Joking aside, the soreness is caused by bacteria thriving in the sweat on/around the more...errr...delicate parts. If you carry a pack of wet wipes, preferably anti bacterial versions, and have a good wipe around every so often, it solves the problem.

It may cause a few odd looks...even the occasional arrest if you are too thorough...cough....but worth it in the end :D

Cheers, Dave.

wipes

i think that was the start of the problem dave ,my eyes arent what they were and used bleach wipes by mistake:eek: the old sheriffs badge looks like the japanese flag:eek::eek:

i think that was the start of the problem dave ,my eyes arent what they were and used bleach wipes by mistake:eek: the old sheriffs badge looks like the japanese flag:eek::eek:

Oh god that had me chortling fit to choke Mark :D:D My missus stares at me like I have lost the plot every time I read a few posts by you nutters :D:D Not that she is far out mind :p

Tell you what though, that must be the cleanest chocolate starfish on the bank :D In fact, If you did a hand-stand on the pavement people would think there was a new crossing there :p

Cheers, Dave.

Could you post some pics for a better diagnosis? If you have Dobbie Itch, then this is a fungal infection and a simple treatment using an organic acid will do the trick. No amount of Sodacream, Vaseline etc will touch it. Your GP will help or better still see your surgery's Nurse Practitioner, they tend to have more experience in these conditions and will demonstrate how to apply the cream.

You will also find that some designs of underwear will sort the problem of chaffing. Get down to TKMax and try some different pairs on in the fitting room. Don't take them home to try on as TKMax won't do a refund on pants taken out of the store, for some unknown reason. Make sure that you have plenty of cream liberally applied to the infected area when trying on the pants as you wouldn't wish to spread the infection to others.

thundies

us up norf still favour the string versions or the ones nitted for us at christmas but the fluff gets every where and is worsre than toe jam or belly fluff:eek: but great for fire starting!:D

Back