• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catch Cult 12

Men I can only apologise for CC12 being late. It will happen. Please try and understand that sometimes it can be very difficult given our circumstances for things to be like clockwork. I mean Brexit is overdue and possibly a bit more important than a fishing magazine,
hope that puts it into perspective a bit!
Cheers, Martin

Martin,

While I am sympathetic to the problems that you are encountering in producing Catch Cult, it would be appreciated if we could be kept informed of progress (or the lack of it). Just as it is rude to be late for an appointment, it is also very bad form to make promises that you can't keep....

Dave

Martin,

While I am sympathetic to the problems that you are encountering in producing Catch Cult, it would be appreciated if we could be kept informed of progress (or the lack of it). Just as it is rude to be late for an appointment, it is also very bad form to make promises that you can't keep....

Dave

Thats a bit harsh David, i'm sure there's a genuine reason for the delay.

Martin, Brexit more important than our mag :eek: nah, not a chance.

Martin,

Dave
It must be a nightmare in getting all the print together for such a small team, besides if you would rather have a quality read as opposed to a load of regurgitated rubbish that have advertising revenue as their main concern, there's always the established angling rags.

David Clewer, thankyou for your custom and comments. I'm sure you are right but could you state what promises I made please, thanks.
If I did make promises I am sorry, perhaps I was being over optimistic.
Derek, Neil and Robin, thanks for your encouragement and understanding, it does make it all worthwhile.
I have stated in the past on BFW that these are MY posts, NOT Catch Cults.
There may be circumstances over which I have no control and it is not my place to mention.
Yes, you're right Derek, a nice fishing magazine is far more important than Brexit:D
Hoping to be at the Barbel Society 'do' and it would be good to see you there, cheers, Martin

Martin,

I accept that you have never made any promises but on 23 December you said that CC11 was going to the printers in early January and it wan't in subscribers' hands until the latter part of February. And your own Catch Cult website clearly states CC11 - January 2019 & CC12 - March 2019. Not promises but misleading at the very least.

I have great respect for the work that you and Rob Shalcroft put in in producing what remains the best angling magazine available today - the quality of the articles and production is very high. Just a shame that it seems to be taking longer to produce each edition of what was originally launched as a bimonthly publication.

Dave

Provided the quality remains as is, I really don’t care how long each issue takes (within reason). It’s a labour of love, run on a tight budget, no doubt with help from many people. The swallows are late some years, but i don’t fret about it, I’m just so happy to see them when they do arrive .
Cheers Nick! Saw my first swift of the year last Saturday:cool:

Back