• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catapult or throwing stick? Tactical advice needed.

Andrew Boyne

Afternoon chaps. Well, the rod and reel are set ready to go for tomorrow - just one dilema. I don't want to give away too much about my opening day assualt but theoretically speaking - if i wanted to hit an area aproximately 5'10" x 25" containing around 18 stones at a range of about 50yds - which baiting tool would be choice for (a) accuracy and (b) impact? I'm going in with 20 millers - figured shelflifes would carry more weight than air dried freezer baits and thus make more of an impact on the target area!? Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks. :D

spare rod and big pva bags ,tie a weight sufficiant too hold bottom too the end of your line ,pop it into the bag ,top up with pellets and tie off ,then cast out .

Start off with throwing stick for maximum impact initially. Then I would go for catapult and spray the boilies over a reasonable area, to land what i assume would be a moving target after a few throwing stick delivered rounds have hit home.

Afternoon chaps. Well, the rod and reel are set ready to go for tomorrow - just one dilema. I don't want to give away too much about my opening day assualt but theoretically speaking - if i wanted to hit an area aproximately 5'10" x 25" containing around 18 stones at a range of about 50yds - which baiting tool would be choice for (a) accuracy and (b) impact? I'm going in with 20 millers - figured shelflifes would carry more weight than air dried freezer baits and thus make more of an impact on the target area!? Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks. :D

Absolutely.

As ever

Hugo

Back