• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Carp Book

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men,
It looks a bit of a plug , but its not meant to be as its been out a while now . A good friend i met in 1981 at Marlborough Pool , Paul Harris , has published a nice read , showing that you dont have to be a big name to tell your story. Iv got a chapter in it , as im an old git , starting in the mid 70,s at Vauxhall lake , through to a bit on Savay lake . No ego's massarged , just a story about nice lakes with some historic fish mostly around the Oxford area , but also Elstow and the Colne Valley .
20180721_085810.jpg

Mark Anderson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi men ,

Graham , I was fishery officer for Vauxhall from about 76 to the mid 80s , also had a good run with the pike into low 20,s . Almost alway quiet , awesome bit of the river that Sue spent many hundreds of hours stalking , joining it up to Linear below ( syndicate ) , and a free bit we had permision to fish . She used grab a rod , and i would not see her all day , she was sometimes a mile from me , heady days . Also i managed to get a few fish for free , loads of tench , and a few carp stocked into it from a bit that was being filled in , killing any stragglers . Those fished thrived ( before the otters ) , and in fact Korda ( embryo ) told me that they are still fishing for some of those fish now .

Hatter