• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

can anyone reccomend

Jerry Gleeson

hi guys
can anybody reccomend a good, light weight day shelter, there,s that many on the market i,m stuck which to go for.
the important thing is it must be light, i picked one up off ebay cheap thinking i,d got a bargain (how wrong i was)till i put it in my rod bag and it weighed an absolute ton.
tight lines
jerry

Chub Snooper shelter and the korum day shelter are excellent from what i have seen and used. Another bonus with these is that you can have it half up, so it acts as a wind break, then adding the poles, makes it totally upright. This can be a bonus on sloping banks also.
Just bought myself a chub snooper bivvy, same as the chub snooper, but with a front door panel.

i,ve had a look at the chub snooper, the only thing that puts me of is those poles that hold it up.

Which version did you see? The standard Snooper is solid and it only takes a little more time to put up than a brollie. More space, more protection from the elements and no hanging on for dear life if it gets hairy. I won't go back to a brollie now.

Anyone got a Korum Stormshield Brolly? I like the idea that you can tie the sides back when not needed and carry a couple of light banksticks for when you need that extra protection, also would be accomodating to my Korum chair when fishing from places I can't put the pole in the ground, just want to know what the quality is like though

Cheers
Jas

Hello Jerry

I really like the Korum Mk2, it does the job it's designed for admirably.

However unless i know i am going to fish a peg all day i put my brolly in the quiver. It's just too much hassle and heavy to rove with. I don't know how the Chub compares in this way.

It's just too much hassle and heavy to rove with. I don't know how the Chub compares in this way.

Don't know about the Lite version but the normal one is pretty much the same as yours. I think I'd rather have an emergency poncho if I was roving.;)

Yeah roving was the wrong the word really. But if i knew i was likely to want a move or 2 in a day session i'd opt for my brolly.

I've got the Chub Snooper Lite Bivvy.
Went for this over the shelter as it is a bit deeper.
Excellent bit of kit.
After sales service is good also. (one of the support poles split and was replaced without fuss.

Wrapped tightly is fits in my Korum 2 rod quiver.

The chub snooper light is well.........light. I've bought one (good price) but not used it yet. However that will probably be rectified in the next few weeks. It's as light as a brolly weighing only 2.6kg. I think that it is better for long walks where a barrow and my STI brolly are impractical due to rough terrain or lots of fences.

I'm not sure that anything is suitable for true roving other than poncho. Unless of course you have arms like Stevie H ;)

Conrad

jerry, have a look at the wychwood solace 2 rib shelter,very light up in seconds and an overwrap available if need at extra cost,wouldnt be without it and it slides with ease into my quiver.
have a look on this sight in the reviews im sure there is one there buddy.:D

Have a look at the Maver day shelter, loads of protection and a lot lighter than the Korum day shelter.

Back