• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Camping Ross On Wye

John Hasler

Does anyone know of a basic campsite around Ross on Wye that's cheap, all the ones I've found seem to be about £30 a night?

The camping at symonds yat used to be cheap but that’s the closest iv stopped to Ross so can’t help you other than that

I think you can camp in the garden at the red Lion Bredwardine but best double check.* Sorry just checked , they don't do it anymore , shame

Does anyone know of a basic campsite around Ross on Wye that's cheap, all the ones I've found seem to be about £30 a night?
I'd also recommend the White Lion at Ross. The pub is in a great location. It does good reasonably priced food, the beer is great too! It is popular with the canoeists for camping so worth booking in advance. It is also in close proximity to the Town with all the amenities you'd expect, including 2 tackle shops now;)

Regarding the white lion - can you cook your own stuff on a stove or only eat from the pub? Can you take dogs?

Also, how much day ticket water do they have? Is there any other reasonably priced DT in the area?

How was the fishing?

We only fished the evening on the campsite for a few hours (there was only one swim accessible, but the owner said there was potentially another up the bank), I just had the one Barbel. We fished the following day at Old Harp Fishery which is just up the road.

Regarding the white lion - can you cook your own stuff on a stove or only eat from the pub? Can you take dogs?

Also, how much day ticket water do they have? Is there any other reasonably priced DT in the area?
Not sure about cooking your own food but it's very dog friendly! They don't have any water themselves but there is day ticket water in Ross town, Worcester AS have a stretch at Bishopswood and as previously mentioned the Old Harp fishery which are all reasonably priced. Wye Angling in Ross will give you more info.

Back