• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bulk meat

Jamie Warren

Hi guys, you probably already know this, bulk tins of meat in bookers

Attachments

• 8F920960-8685-4398-A3DD-ED8147BBCC02.jpeg
    8F920960-8685-4398-A3DD-ED8147BBCC02.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 326
On the same subject. Sort of!! I got a load of tins of 'Luncheon Meat' but then discovered that it was 'poultry' based and not pork. Has anyone used chicken based meat and had any joy? Does it need to be pork that barbel like, or do they like a bit of chicken as well?

I really don't fancy eating it.

Last edited:
A friend always does well on spicy chicken boilies, dynamite I think, so why not. It's not like they naturally diet on pork!

To digress even further ... on the subject of pork : Some years ago, after walking my border collie along the Teme, I went for a lunchtime pint or two (The Bell at Pensax, which actually is no where near Pensax :cool: ). My dog, 'Pidge' was very well trained and never needed a lead, but when I looked up from reading I noticed a guy at the bar was giving her pork scratchings. The guy on noticing me looking asked if it was ok for him to be giving her this treat. I replied "Hmmmm, not really, she's a muslim".
The guy looked at me aghast, and promptly started apologizing profusely .... until I cracked up laughing. 🤣😂🤣

To digress even further ... on the subject of pork : Some years ago, after walking my border collie along the Teme, I went for a lunchtime pint or two (The Bell at Pensax, which actually is no where near Pensax :cool: ). My dog, 'Pidge' was very well trained and never needed a lead, but when I looked up from reading I noticed a guy at the bar was giving her pork scratchings. The guy on noticing me looking asked if it was ok for him to be giving her this treat. I replied "Hmmmm, not really, she's a muslim".
The guy looked at me aghast, and promptly started apologizing profusely .... until I cracked up laughing. 🤣😂🤣

Pork luncheon meat impossible to find in my local Halal mini-mart. I'm glad I never asked for it.

Back