• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BT mail users

T

Tom Herbert

Anyone one here have a BT mail account?

Having trouble viewing this email?
Then look at it online.
Home | Phone, Broadband & TV | BT Life | Help | My BT

We're closing some of our email services

Reference:

Hello,

This summer, we're simplifying our email product range and we'll be closing some of our email services

This means that your email address will stop working after if you don't upgrade now.

Act now if you want to keep your email address
There are three things you can do to keep your email address and all your messages and contacts. But whichever one you pick, you must do it now.

1. If you've got BT Broadband, you can keep your email address for free
Just link your address to your BT account. It's quick, easy and free. You can upgrade to enjoy our service and keep all you contact at bt.com/linkemail . (You'll need your reference number for future purpose, which we've included above.)

2. When you upgrade your BT Yahoo! Mail

Your email service won't be affected and you'll keep all your old contacts, folders and messages. Plus you'll get:
faster email
the latest spam protection
unlimited email storage.

How you upgrade

Click on the link below and follow the instructions. You'll also need to agree to some new terms and conditions. Click here to Upgrade BT Yahoo Mail

3. Keep your email address by signing up for BT Premium Mail
If you haven't got BT Broadband and you don't want to sign up for it, you can still keep your email address by signing up for BT Premium Mail for £1.60 a month. Find out more at bt.com/premiummail .

Don't need your email address any more?
If you're not using your BT email address or messages any more, you don't need to do anything. Your email, and any services linked with it, will stop working automatically

You can find out more about these changes at bt.com/emailchanges .

Thanks.

Warren Buckley
Managing Director, Customer Service

Important things you should know

We found our new BT Yahoo! Mail is faster at opening and reading emails than the previous versions when we did our internal and external tests. Exact speed will vary depending on your internet connection, browser, computer, where you are and what else you're doing on your computer at the same time.

We're sending a separate email about the upgrade to each person who's using the Classic version of BT Yahoo! Mail (whether it's for their primary email address or a sub-account).

Please don't reply to this email - it's been automatically generated by our computer. If you need to get in touch, please use the contact link above. To make sure emails from BT go into your inbox and not the junk folder, add btcomms@btcomms.com to your address book. BT own all '@btcomms.com' addresses, but they're operated by planning-inc (an approved BT supplier). We sent this email to you at derekbrawlings@btinternet. com because you subscribe to a BT service.

© British Telecommunications plc 2013. We're registered in England at 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ (company number 1800000). All this information was correct on the date we sent this email. See our terms and conditions.

Or is it just me?

No i didn't get one ! mind you my BT e.mail address is all i have left since i cleansed myself of that car crash of a company, once i've sorted a few more things out that can go as well ! good bloody riddance, just annoys me i still have to pay line rental to them via Openreach.

Somethings wrong there Tom.

I have had all the BT info to date and it's not like that.

So far it's a mess however. The link to reset your home page to bt.com doesn't work. (even via the IO change) so therefore 3 pages before email is accessible.

At the Moment I am on BT -Yahoo, somehow 2 other used e mail addresses have changed to just Yahoo.

The sign in does not remember the initial address using the first letter(not on mine, as before anyway)

Disgrace

Graham

Last edited:
Anyone one here have a BT mail account?

Having trouble viewing this email?
Then look at it online.
Home | Phone, Broadband & TV | BT Life | Help | My BT

We're closing some of our email services

Reference:

Hello,

This summer, we're simplifying our email product range and we'll be closing some of our email services

This means that your email address will stop working after if you don't upgrade now.

Act now if you want to keep your email address
There are three things you can do to keep your email address and all your messages and contacts. But whichever one you pick, you must do it now.

1. If you've got BT Broadband, you can keep your email address for free
Just link your address to your BT account. It's quick, easy and free. You can upgrade to enjoy our service and keep all you contact at bt.com/linkemail . (You'll need your reference number for future purpose, which we've included above.)

2. When you upgrade your BT Yahoo! Mail

Your email service won't be affected and you'll keep all your old contacts, folders and messages. Plus you'll get:
faster email
the latest spam protection
unlimited email storage.

How you upgrade

Click on the link below and follow the instructions. You'll also need to agree to some new terms and conditions. Click here to Upgrade BT Yahoo Mail

3. Keep your email address by signing up for BT Premium Mail
If you haven't got BT Broadband and you don't want to sign up for it, you can still keep your email address by signing up for BT Premium Mail for £1.60 a month. Find out more at bt.com/premiummail .

Don't need your email address any more?
If you're not using your BT email address or messages any more, you don't need to do anything. Your email, and any services linked with it, will stop working automatically

You can find out more about these changes at bt.com/emailchanges .

Thanks.

Warren Buckley
Managing Director, Customer Service

Important things you should know

We found our new BT Yahoo! Mail is faster at opening and reading emails than the previous versions when we did our internal and external tests. Exact speed will vary depending on your internet connection, browser, computer, where you are and what else you're doing on your computer at the same time.

We're sending a separate email about the upgrade to each person who's using the Classic version of BT Yahoo! Mail (whether it's for their primary email address or a sub-account).

Please don't reply to this email - it's been automatically generated by our computer. If you need to get in touch, please use the contact link above. To make sure emails from BT go into your inbox and not the junk folder, add btcomms@btcomms.com to your address book. BT own all '@btcomms.com' addresses, but they're operated by planning-inc (an approved BT supplier). We sent this email to you at derekbrawlings@btinternet. com because you subscribe to a BT service.

© British Telecommunications plc 2013. We're registered in England at 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ (company number 1800000). All this information was correct on the date we sent this email. See our terms and conditions.

Or is it just me?

Tom I hope you have not replied to this email ? I have btinternet and they have just changed , upgraded the home page where you log in and I recieved no such message as you recieved ? I think its a scam ? Phone BT they will tell you if its genuine ?

Yeah, cheers chaps.

Too be honest i thought it was a scam, convinced is more the word, but thought it was worth asking just in case LOL

I think it's real, if you haven't got BT broadband they only let you keep the email address for so long. Have had some correspondence from them in past.

We have BT Phone line and Broadband. A while back my Mrs upgraded to unlimited package fibre optic (Infinity?) as we were going over the monthly 40Gb limit which I think was mainly due to her teenage son spending too much time online gaming and hooking up to iPlayer and never disconnecting.

(don't get me started on kids an computer games etc.)

Now we even have a Youview box sitting next to the telly that no one knows how to work!

Have seen some messages about mail system changing soon but I will deal with it when it happens.

I logged on this morning to be greeted with a new screen saying they were changing away from bt yahoo to bt home page told me to log in but couldnt then found one for logging into email and that worked , its **** like said above cant link home page , can see there been problems to come

Definitely contact BT before you do anything with that email Tom...the worst that can happen then is that they tell you that it's genuine :D

If it isn't genuine, the worst that can happen if you do as it tells you is a perfect ****e storm of trouble.

In fact, I would be tempted to forward it to them to get absolute confirmation as to whether it's genuine or not....if it isn't, they may be glad to see it, and warn others of the problem.

Cheers, Dave.

BT broadband ? They have now changed the way you log in . There home page has changed ? Its no longer BT yahoo .
There home page gives you two options to log in . You can log in to My BT which you have to sign up to for viewing online bills .
Or you can login to view your emails ?
Hope that helps ?

Joe. Have you managed to get past the boxed "set BT.com" as your home page. It doesn't work for me.. Even when using Internet Options and trying to set it up. Keeps going to intro page?

Graham

I have a Plusnet account but still use my old E-mail keith.speer@btopenworld.com .
At the time BT said I could continue to use this E-mail address>
I moved to Plusnet having had sooooooo much trouble with BT!

My question is, should I worry about this, can BT take my address away?

Never gave it a thought until I saw this thread.

Joe. Have you managed to get past the boxed "set BT.com" as your home page. It doesn't work for me.. Even when using Internet Options and trying to set it up. Keeps going to intro page?

Graham

Hi Graham up until about a week ago I had log in to BTYahoo as my home .
I kept getting reminders before they changed my log in home page that they were no longer using Yahoo ?

They now call the home page My BT . When the new home page comes up on the screen you are given 2 options to log in . The one at the top of the page is called MY BT and you have to register for that so you can view your online BT account ?

The second option for logging in is ? You will see a box marked email ? If you are just trying to access your email . Just ckick on it and a box comes up and you just type in your email and pass word and your emails should open :)

Hope that helps :)

Hi Tom,
yes it is a scam, i am getting these sort of messages all the time, just do not click on the links.

Yes I do believe they are changing over to some sort of new system.

If you go to Google and ask the question when are BT changing, you will get all the answers you want.

good luck with it.
Brian

Hi Joe.

Yes got all that. The problem is it will not let me set bt.com as my home page but opens up with this all the time

BT LOG IN HAS CHANGED page.

Neither the box that says "set BT.com as your home page" does or using IOptions to try and go straight to bt.com on opening up the internet..

I noticed the other half updated her bt.mail to just Yahoo mail.....with the bt address. I suspect Yahoo tried to migrate some users from bt/yahoo to just Yahoo before the contact change. Be interesting trying to get them back to BT.com mail when it starts.

Graham

Last edited:
Sorry Graham I dont know the answer or the solution to your problem .

All I can suggest is you phone BT and explain what has happened .

Back