• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bruce Ashby 13' 2.25lb Barbel Rod

Andrew Boyne

Any of you out there own a Bruce Ashby 13' 2.25lb Barbel Rod? I would be very interested to hear your opinions of it. Thanks.

I have had a few rods built by Bruce and they are superb. My advice to you is give Bruce a ring, he has been building rods since the 50s and with that much experience i am sure he will advise you.

I have had a few rods built by Bruce and they are superb. My advice to you is give Bruce a ring, he has been building rods since the 50s and with that much experience i am sure he will advise you.

I agree with Jon. He built my very first pair of carp rods in 83'. Tricast 2 and a quarters........lovely rods....

I had been looking for a rod that could tame the Trents barbel and the river itself. His advice was spot on, so were the rods.

Back