• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bristol Avon

Alan Andrews

From Wilts times. It seems they are trying to build new sections of the old defunct wilts and berks canal as they want to join the canal to the river at melksham and have boats go down to Lacock which means boats going through beanacre and queensfield which is not navigatable so there would a lot of dredging and river deepening This would be an absolute disaster and change the river beyond all reconition these are only early plans but the ideas are are being looked upon favourabley.This comes from another Barbel forum and I hope i posted this thread in the right place.

Alan

I also have seen this and all I can say is over my dead body! I will be on the look out for any of there meetings bloody fools.

I am hoping that it may run along side rather that through it. There is already an original route through the back of Forest in Melksham. I have tracked down the councilors email address and have emailed her hopefully we can get some answers.

Last edited:
Back